Florida Car Accidents are on the Rise, Florida Car Accident Lawyers
Five years of highway fatality data have found that Florida s 382-mile stretch of the highway I- 95 is the most dangerous road in the country, with the worst rate of fatal accidents, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data..
Every time you get behind the wheel in Florida , you are at risk of being involved in a Florida car accident. According to the latest statistics in Florida, there were 256,206 traffic crashes in 2007 alone. That means that on average, there were 702 crashes each day.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles presents an annual Florida Traffic Crash Statistics Report that contains information from the Department’s crash database, which is compiled from traffic crash reports from Florida and local law enforcement agencies. Law enforcement officers are required to submit a long-form crash report when investigating accidents where there was a death or personal injury, if someone left the accident scene when there was damage or if alcohol or other controlled substance was a factor.
The Orlando-Kissimmee region was first out of 52 in the rankings of most dangerous pedestrian regions, with more than 550 pedestrians killed from 2000 to 2009. This translates to an annual fatality rate of 3 per 100,000 people. Second was Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, followed by Jacksonville and Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach.
7050 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433
Attorneys who cover Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and Palm Beach County
1401 Broadway, New York, NY 10018
20 N.Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
Attorneys who cover Orlando, Winter Park, Winterhaven, Kissimmee,Ocala,Atlamonte Springs,Deland,Melbourne, Daytona. Orange,Osceola,Seminole,Lake,Volusia, Polk and Brevard Counties
5713 Corporate Way, West Palm Beach, FL
Attorneys who cover: Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Stuart,Port St Lucie, Okeechobee, Belle Glade, Vero Beach, Palm Bay Palm Beach, Martin, St Lucie and Indian River counties
200 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33131
Attorneys who cover Miami, Hialeah, Miami Beach and the Florida Keys including all of Dade and Monroe counties
110 E. Broward Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale , FL 33301
Attorneys who cover Hollywood,Fort Lauderdale,Pompano, Deerfield Beach, Coral Springs and all of Broward County
3630 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33360
Attorneys who cover Tampa, Brandon, Clearwater, St Pete, New Port Richey, Brooksville, Sarasota, Naple, Venice, Bradenton, Fort Myers, Cape Coral and all of Hernanado, Citrus, Pasco, Pinnellas, Hillsboro, Sarasota, Manatee, Lee and Collier counties.
10151 Deerwood Park # 200-250, Jacksonville, FL
Attorneys who cover Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, St. Augustine, Orange Park all of Northeast Florida including Marion Sumter, Flager and Duval counties. Also Attorneys who cover Northwest Florida including: Tallahassee, Pensacola, Panama City and Starke.
Below is a summary of the traffic accident statistics in Florida in 2007 (the latest totals available)
• Drivers involved in accidents – 366,917
• Mileage Death Rate (per 100 million vehicle miles traveled) –1.57
• Traffic deaths – 3,221
• Fatal traffic accidents – 2,947
• Injuries from traffic crashes – 212,149
• Accidents resulting in injuries – 135,601
• Accidents resulting in property damage only – 117,658
• Alcohol-related accidents – 22,823
• Drug-related accidents – 1,252
• Pedestrian accidents – 8,129
• Bicycle accidents – 4,847
• Motorcycle crashes – 9,205
In 2009 there were 235,778 traffic accidents, out of which 197,214 resulted in injuries in the overall state of Florida. That means that 83.64% of all traffic accidents resulted in reported injuries. The remaining 16.36% resulted in reported deaths or property damage.